Do you want to save time, money and nerves when dealing with driving and licensing issues? Don’t worry; help is just one click away. Here we present you the best guide to Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles. Everything you need to know about obtaining new license plates and driver’s licenses, or getting learners permits and ID cards is right here. This site offers all inclusive DMV information. Just read below and find out what you need.
To schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests contact your local DMV office. If you want to make an appointment for a motorcycle skills test, or a motorcycle in traffic test you can do that by calling your desired Motorcycle Operator Skills Test Location. You can contact an examiner by calling at (402) 471-3861.
Types of locations
- County Treasurer’s Offices handle issues concerning registration, license plates, duplicate driver’s licenses, address change, etc. The offices are available Monday – Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Issues such as licenses, commercial licenses, IDs, license renewals, etc., are administered by the Driver License Exam Stations. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests in these stations. Working hours are Monday – Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Vehicle titles are handled by County Clerk’s Offices which are open Monday – Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- CDL Third Party Testers are in charge for conducting road tests for commercial licenses.
*Important: Different locations operate at different hours. That’s why you need to verify the working hours at your preferred office, and make an appointment before visiting in person. Don’t forget legal holidays as well.
General information for the Driver License Examining Division is available Monday-Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. As for Driver and Vehicle Records Division, phone lines are open from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Just dial the numbers you see below and the customer service representatives will be at your disposal.
Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles
(402) 471-3861 – driver license examining
(402) 471-3918 – driver and vehicle records
For contacts follow this link http://www.dmv.ne.gov/examining/map.html.
- Make sure you visit the dmv.com site – http://www.dmv.com/ as it provides detailed articles about every issue regarding the above mentioned topics.
See also this Nebraska DVM guide at https://www.dmv.com/ne/nebraska, and learn even more about handling DVM matters in this state.